Chocolate Apple Muffins
You can enjoy this apple muffins when you know you have a hectic day ahead of you the next day. This is real easy to bake for breakfast.
Really great for on-the-go in the morning and evening. It's also great for a little energy in the evening before going for a round of games.
200 gm all purpose flour
40gm cocoa powder
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg beaten
1 cup green apples (peeled, cored and chopped)
4 tbsp butter (slightly softened)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg and butter. Followed by chopped apples.
- Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture until well combined.
- Line the muffin trays with paper muffin cups.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups until about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated over at 200ºC (400ºF) for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
Quick and Easy Tips:
Quickly mix the muffin batter until well combined. Do not beat. Over mixing will create a chewy rubber texture.
More useful tips here.
Want to try other quick and easy recipes?
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Return from chocolate apple muffins recipe to more chocolate recipes