Baking Guide: Simple Tips To Help You Have An Enjoyable Baking Experience
This quick and easy baking guide is to help you get better at baking. It's easy because you really don't need to get out of the way to do it. In fact it's to help you manage your baking experience and have an enjoyable time at it.
Afterall, I you should have more time enjoying the food and the company and not at the kitchen. It can be an anxious moment if you are baking for the first few times because you anticipate a successful cake at the end yet you are not sure if you've done everything right.
I know that feeling especially if I've stopped baking for awhile. The memory has turned rusty and I can't remember exactly the steps I took or the little modification I made on the recipe. All I could remember was that it turned out perfect. It can be frustrating trying to depend solely on memory that won't work when you want it to. So the best way is to remind myself on the next bake is to write it down at the side of the recipe what I've learned or done right. Or put a yellow sticky note on it as a little reminder.It doesn't really take that long.
You can leave the guessing game behind and be certain that you will get a good bake at the end. Remember that head knowledge won't make you perfect. So use the baking guide to get better. Try them out. If you know of any tips to share, I would love to hear it from you.
Here are some of the baking guide that I've found to be really helpful and I hope you'll find them helpful too.
---------- Baking ----------
- Set the oven to the right temperature to pre-heat the oven before starting with the mixing. Once your mixing is complete, your oven will be ready for baking. This will help you save time and get your baking done efficiently.
- Do not put your cake to bake in a cold oven that's just been started. Cooking time stated in the recipes are for oven with heated to the right temperature before the cake is placed inside the oven.
- When waiting for your cake to bake, refrain from opening the oven door often to check the cake. Opening the oven door will change the temperature and prolong the cooking time. It may cause your cake to cook unevenly.
- Insert a skewer into the cake to check if it is cooked. The cake is cooked if the skewer comes out clean. If the skewer comes out gooey, then you'll need to bake it till the skewer comes out clean.
- Baking cheesecake in a water bath will help avoid the cheesecake from cracking.
- To prevent water from dripping onto the cake batter, wipe off the water from the steamer cover before covering and steaming the cake.
Do you have a great baking tip to share? Share with us here.
Return from Baking Guide to Homepage.