Chocolate Carrot Cake Recipe
with Cream Cheese Topping
A Chocolate Carrot Cake may seem like an odd combination. If you have never tasted a carrot cake before, I would urge you to try it before passing it off. I've made quite a number of this cake for birthdays and parties. Each time, it's a sure winner unless for those who hates carrot or cinnamon.
Carrot is quite a versatile tuber. You can take it savoury or sweet and it taste just as wonderful. It also gives your cake a nice orange colour and with a nice cream cheese topping, it's simply too attractive to eat.
This little tuber is full of health goodness too. It's a good source of Vitamins such as A and K. And the phytonutrients is good for eyesight.
150 ml corn oil
200 gm brown sugar
180 gm multi-purpose flour
60 gm cocoa powder
4 tbps water
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
200 gm carrot (grated)
60 gm pecan (chopped)
300 gm cream cheese
1/2 orange juice and rind
120 gm sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, corn oil, carrot and water with a mixer.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the batter and mix well.
- Add in chopped pecan.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick can tin and bake at 175ºC for 30 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Leave cake to cool then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For topping, beat all the ingredients together with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread onto the cake.
Here are other recipes for you to enjoy.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Walnut Apple Cake
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Melt In Your Mouth Chocolate Cookie
Return from Chocolate Carrot Cake to more chocolate recipes