Chocolate Meringue Cookie Recipe
A great chocolate meringue cookie recipe is one that is simple and easy to follow. And most importantly, you get a delicious cookie when you take it out from the oven.
This chocolate meringue recipe is easy to make great cookies for afternoon tea and treats. Kids and adults love them just as much. I usually make this cookie when I have lots of egg white leftover from baking cookies that uses only the yolk.
50gm small chocolate chips
3 large egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
120gm granulated sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, beat egg white and cream of tartar until soft peak forms.
- Add in vanilla extract and sugar and gradually and continue beating until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture with a teaspoon and drop a teaspoon at a time onto prepared baking tray lined with non-stick parchment or greased paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Switch racks halfway through baking to ensure even browing. Cookies are done when there is a light crust on the outside and soft on the inside.
Quick and Easy Tips:
- The egg white must be completely separated from the egg yolk. Any residue of egg yolk will result in your egg white not turning stiff after beating.
- Start with low speed beating. Once the egg white turns frothy, increase the beating speed.
- All utensils used must be grease free or the egg white won't turn stiff after beating.
- Egg white is stiff when it doesn't drip off from the edge of the beater when you hold up the beater.
More useful tips here.
Here are other recipes for you to enjoy.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Walnut Apple Cake
Chocolate Sponge Cake
Chocolate Carrot Cake
Rich Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Melt In Your Mouth Chocolate Cookie
Return from chocolate meringue cookie recipe to more chocolate recipes