Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe - Steamed Style
Have you ever tried a chocolate pudding cake recipe steamed style? I personally like this recipe because it reminds me of my grandma.
My grandma used to steam her cakes when I was little because back then she didn't have an oven. If she had to bake it, it would be done over open fire which takes time. This type of baking was left to big occasions and I really mean big as that's when she does loads of cookie baking in preparation for the festive feast.
This one is different from most recipes that requires baking. Give it a try and tell me your experience.
90 gm (3/4 cup) Flour
60 gm (1/2 cup) Cocoa Powder
2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
120 gm (1/2 cup) White Sugar
120 gm (1/2 cup) Brown Sugar
3 large Eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Milk
- Whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer till white and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla essence and then the combined vegetable oil and milk.
- Fold the combined and sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and steam over rapid bowling water for 30-35 minutes.
- Optional to serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Quick and Easy Tips:
To prevent water from dripping onto the cake batter, wipe off the water from the steamer cover before covering and steaming the cake.
More useful tips here.
More quick and easy recipes for you to enjoy.
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
Rich Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Walnut Apple Cake
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Return from chocolate pudding cake recipe to more chocolate recipes